Trim Canoe Club provides a limited number of Canoeing Ireland certified Level 2 beginner courses during the Summer months. The course is offered to membership applicants only. We do not provide training commercially.
The L2 course typically takes place over a weekend and is a two day course running from 10am to 4pm each day unless otherwise advised.
Register here to express your interest in future Level 2 courses or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
- Applicants must be able to swim 25 metres unaided.
- Applicants must be 18+ on the first day of the course.
- Pricing for L2 training is €175 per person (2-day course)
The cost includes:
- Provision of required gear (see below).
- Annual club membership for the remaining year.
- Payment to be sent by bank transfer at least 7 days in advance.
- Details for bank transfer will be sent to applicants along with the course sign-up form once the course details and numbers are finalised.
- If applicants cannot be reached within the final 4 days of the course without payment then their place will be offered to the public.
- Cancellations within 3 days will incur a 75% cost if that place cannot be filled.
- If the course is cancelled by Trim Canoe Club due to weather, water levels, or any other reason, all participants will receive an 100% refund within 3 working days.
- Trim Canoe Club reserves the right to cancel without reason in order to protect the privacy of our volunteers.
- In the event of a course cancellation then every effort will be made by Trim Canoe Club to reschedule the training for the applicants.
Full details on the skills covered in the Level 2 Canoeing Ireland certified course available here.
Items we provide:
- Buoyancy aid (PFD)
- Spray deck
Items you need to bring:
- Old runners or water-sports booties
- Change of clothes
- Packed lunch
- Hand sanitizer and sunscreen for face and hands
- Light sports top / rash vest for underneath wetsuit
Trim Canoe Club does not currently have any junior programs and as such we operate our introductory courses for adults only (18+) in order to comply with Canoeing Ireland’s child protection policy. Children in the club as part of a family membership are to be supervised at all times both on and off the water by their parents / legal guardians per our safeguarding policy. Trim Canoe Club cannot currently accommodate individual membership of children (u18) or vulnerable adults.